So it’s three months into 2018 and I can tell it’s going to be a better year for me than last.
Got started on Zoloft 50mg in January (post coming soon) and made a bunch of appointments to all the doctors I’ve been neglecting to see, applied to a bunch of jobs and went on some interviews. Went back to work at my old job in February.
Now It’s March and I started making smoothies daily and exercising, started to save money again and pay off my credit cards. It’s all looking up again.
The most amazing thing I think is that I finally found the inner motivation to start putting an effort into my health. I think I’ve been putting it off mostly because I put finding a job on the forefront of my Things To Do.
So…my first paycheck I renewed my Planet Fitness membership and bought some veggies and fruits and it’s been pretty easy sticking to a daily self care schedule. It was actually simple to figure out since its structured to follow my work schedule, and it’s easy to stick for three reasons:
- The things I would put off or forget to do, like use my inhaler, I do after I get up and drink some water. And after I use my inhaler, I remember that I should weigh myself. Then I get started on my smoothie, which I was looking forward to since last night.
- I have things to look forward to. In the morning I make a smoothie (+), at noon I take my Zoloft (+), and after the gym and a shower I eat dinner (+). Then, I’m free to relax for the rest of the night (+).
- I put my house keys into a tiny makeup bag along with my gym locker and sweatband, so that when I open the door to my house it’s already on my mind that I have to go to the gym, or exercise at home when I can’t get to the gym.
- 6:30 Wake up.
- Weigh myself, take my daily inhaler. Make a smoothie for work while (maybe) drinking some green tea, get ready for work. Get picked up at 7:45.
- 7:45 Get picked up for work.
- 8:00 Make coffee at work.
- 11:00 I get a bit hungry so I start sipping my smoothie, which lasts a few hours.
- 12:00 I take my Zoloft.
- If I’m hungry later on I might have packed a soft boiled egg or a Kind bar. Drink lots of water, maybe more coffee until…
- 5:30/6:00 I leave work.
- 6:30/7:00 Get home, get ready for the gym.
- 7:00-7:30 Gym.
- 8:00 Shower, moisturize, make dinner, eat dinner, relax.
I’ve been using a few apps that have helped: My FitBit watch, Lose It! for tracking calories, Nike+ for exercise, and RENPHO, my new scale/app which “measures” body fat and other things. I don’t buy into its accuracy, but it’s a cool new digital scale where I can see how I’m progressing.
I’ll post some more detailed updates and smoothie recipes soon.